A rich and flavourful starter which is ideal for weekend treats or for dinner parties.
The smooth and intense flavours pair perfectly with one another and sure to please even the toughest of taste buds.
- Hambleton Bakery Sourdough – 4 Slices (As thick as you like it)
- Chestnut Mushrooms – 350g – Halved
- 2 x Banana Shallots – Diced
- 4 x Cloves of Garlic – Diced
- Longley Farm Luxury Jersey Butter – 60g
- 2 x Tablespoons of Cognac (Alternatively use Just A Splash Cooking Brandy)
- 2 x Tablespoons Longley Farm Double Cream
- 1 x Tablespoon Longley Farm Crème Fraiche
- 1 x Teaspoon QUAY Creole Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley – Diced for Garnish
- Parmesan – Grated for Garnish (Optional, Do not add for Vegetarian Friendly version)
Add a pan to the heat on medium with a splash of olive oil.
To this add your garlic and Shallots and simmer for a 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add in your mushrooms and combine until they’re fully coated in olive oil. Cook these off for about 2-3 minutes or until you feel they’re almost done (Dependant on how small you’ve cut them) then add your brandy or cognac.
Carefully ignite with a long kitchen match or lighter and burn off the excess alcohol.
Allow this to reduce for a few minutes then add your cream, crème fraiche, butter, creole seasoning and salt & pepper to taste.
Simmer for an addition 2 minutes or until fully combined.
In the meantime, toast or griddle your sourdough slices.
To serve, spoon the mixture onto your toasts and garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley and parmesan. Serve immediately.