Delicious and full of fresh and creamy flavours, this pasta dish is quick to whip up on a weeknight or weekend and serves 4 people. Made with a delightful kick but if you’re not a fan of spice, simply do not add the extra cayenne or not so much Cajun.
This pasta dish is made with frozen prawns but these can easily be substituted for fresh, deshelled and deveined prawns.
- Chapmans Raw Jumbo King Prawns – 460g – Defrosted
- Dried Tagliatelle – 230g
- Chicken Stock – 240ml
- Double Cream – 240ml
- 4 x Cloves of Fresh Garlic – Diced
- Parmesan – 120g – Freshly Grated (Extra for Serving)
- 1 x Tablespoon & 1 x Teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning
- 2 x Tablespoons of Plain Flour
- 2 x Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 1 x Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 x Tablespoon of Fresh Parsley – Diced
- 1 x Teaspoon of Cayenne Powder
- 1 x Teaspoon of Celery Salt
- 1 x Teaspoon of Freshly Ground Pepper
In a pot of salted water, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the back. Do this alongside your other cooking and they should be ready at around the same time.
In a bowl, put your defrosted prawns, making sure to remove any excess water as well as 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, cayenne and flour. Toss and make sure it’s all evenly coated.
Add a pan to the heat on medium – high with your olive oil and butter. Add prawns and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until pale pink and crispy on the outside.
Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, cook off your minced garlic in any oil that remains for a couple of minutes or until fragrant.
To this, add your chicken stock and cream. Add 1 teaspoon of black pepper and celery salt and combine.
Bring to a simmer and add in your freshly grated parmesan. Whisk to combine then add your pasta and prawns. If the sauce is a little to thick for your liking add in some of the starchy pasta water to loosen it up.
Plate up family style with a sprinkle of extra parmesan and your fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy.