A delicious family style sharing starter. With a meat and also vegetarian version listed below!
Packed full of cheesy goodness combined with butter and a tart hit of cranberries or more salty notes of bacon.
- Hambleton Bakery White Bloomer
- Cheddar – 200g (Cut into thin small thin squares)
- Fresh Mozzarella – 200g (Ripped into small pieces)
- Brie – 200g (Cut into small thin squares)
- 5 x Tablespoons Longley Farm Luxury Jersey Butter
- 3 x Cloves Garlic – Diced
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 100g Bacon & Fresh Parsley – Diced for Garnish
- 0r (V) 75g Dried Cranberries & 30g Walnuts (Cut into small chunks)
Preheat your oven to 200°c
In a small saucepan, heat your butter with the diced garlic gently until fragrant and fully combined. Grind sea salt and pepper into your garlic butter to taste and take off the heat.
If using bacon, cut up into small pieces and fry off in some olive oil until just cooked. Don’t overdo it or it’ll burn in the oven.
Cut your bloomer into a diamond pattern, going diagonally across the loaf and then again the opposite side.
Add your square slices of cheese into the cut areas, try and spread all the cheeses out so there is an equal amount all over the loaf.
Sprinkle your bacon over the loaf or cranberries and walnuts, try and get them into the cracks of the bread.
Finish off by brushing your garlic butter mixture all over the top of the bloomer and evenly distribute the any remaining butter into the cracks.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Take of the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until your loaf is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve immediately on a board, family style. If using bacon add a sprinkle of parsley to garnish.