These delicious and easy creamy yet crunchy mushrooms make an ideal vegetarian starter or light lunch. Simple to make and easy to add your own twist to, with just a little kick to keep it interesting.
- 4 x Large Portobello Mushrooms
- Garlic & Herb Boursin – 160g (2 Small Packs)
- 3 x Tablespoons of Milk
- 3 x Tablespoons of Breadcrumbs – Homemade or Prepacked
- 1 x Tablespoon of Fresh Chives – Diced
- 3 x Tablespoons Emmental Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon of Smoked Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat your oven to 200°c
In a bowl combine your Boursin with the milk and smoked Cajun. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and mix. In another bowl mix your breadcrumbs with your grated Emmental until evenly combined.
Using a small knife or spoon remove any excess stalk from your mushroom.
Fill each mushroom with the Boursin mix and top with the breadcrumb and Emmental combination.
Bake for 17 – 20 minutes or until they’ve completely cooked through with a golden, crispy top.
Finish off with a sprinkling of diced chives and serve immediately. Enjoy alongside a small great salad for the full experience.